Last updated: July 21, 2020
COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
SCOPE OF POLICY
This Policy addresses personal information (“Personal Information”) and does not apply to information about corporate or commercial entities who are our suppliers or customers. Personal Information as used in this Policy means information about an identifiable individual, such as the name, date of birth, gender, home address, personal phone number and email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, personal interests and preferences. Personal Information does not include:
- information concerning corporate or commercial entities;
- publicly available information; and
- information that cannot be associated with a specific individual.
This Policy governs Farmzy, its users, employees, agents and affiliates in collecting, using and disclosing Personal Information during the course of the operations of our Platform. Farmzy reserves the right to change this Policy at any time without notice.
Farmzy is accountable and responsible for Personal Information under its control. Farmzy has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for Farmzy’s compliance with this Policy.
Farmzy will adopt procedures to protect Personal Information, receive and respond to complaints and inquiries, train staff regarding privacy policies and procedures and communicate policies and procedures to you.
Farmzy collects your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Platform;
- to enable you to communicate with other Users, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the Booking purposes;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Farmzy’s business, and Users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to collect debts owed to Farmzy;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Farmzy, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services;
- to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Farmzy or our third party business partners; and
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
When your Personal Information is to be used for a purpose not previously identified, the new purpose will be disclosed to you prior to such use, and your consent will be sought unless the use is authorized or required by law.
Farmzy will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose Personal Information except where Farmzy is authorized or required by law to do so without consent. Your consent may be express or implied.
Consent may be provided orally, in writing, electronically, through inaction (such as when you fail to notify Farmzy that you do not wish your Personal Information collected/used/disclosed for optional purposes following reasonable notice to you) or otherwise. For example, oral consent could be expressed over the telephone at the time information is being collected; electronically when submitting an agreement, application or other information; or in writing when signing an agreement or application form.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. You may withdraw your consent by email request at email@example.com. Upon receipt of your written notice, Farmzy will inform you of the likely consequences of the withdrawal, which may include the inability of Farmzy to provide certain products or services for which the delivery of that information is a prerequisite.
You hereby consent to Farmzy disclosing your Personal Information to a third party provider under contract with Farmzy for the purposes of payment processing and storage. In such circumstances the third party shall hold and use your Personal Information in compliance with privacy laws and shall not disclose your personal information without the consent of Farmzy pursuant to this Policy.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Farmy collects Personal Information in a variety of ways including:
- directly from you. You may make Personal Information available to us when accessing or using our Platform by, for example, filling in any form on the Platform, linking your account to a third-party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Farmzy account, and sharing information with other Users;
- through technology. We may collect Personal Information through cookies on our website and your usage of our website and mobile applications; and
- through websites, social media, mobile applications and other electronic means (e.g. Facebook). For example, we may collect Personal Information directly from you when you share Personal Information and interact with us across these applications.
LIMITS ON COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Farmzy will not collect Personal Information indiscriminately and will limit its collection of your Personal Information to what is reasonably necessary to provide a product or service and which is reasonably necessary for the purposes consented to by you. Farmzy may also collect Personal Information as authorized by law.
RETENTION AND SAFEGUARDING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Farmzy protects Personal Information in our custody or control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorized access, collection, disclosure, use, modification, copying, disposal or similar risks.
You should be aware that confidentiality and security are not assured when Personal Information is transmitted through e-mail or wireless communication. Farmzy will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of a breach of security or confidentiality when Personal Information is transmitted by e-mail or wireless communication.
Farmzy will retain Personal Information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill our purposes of collecting, using and/or disclosing Personal Information or as required by laws. When this period ends, Farmzy will destroy, erase or make anonymous documents or other records containing Personal Information.
Farmzy will make a reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Information it is using or disclosing is accurate and complete. Farmzy will rely on you to ensure that certain information, such as your street address, e-mail address or telephone number, is current, complete and accurate.
If you notify Farmzy of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of Personal Information, Farmzy will amend the information as required. If appropriate, Farmzy will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed.
When a challenge regarding the accuracy of Personal Information is not resolved to your satisfaction, Farmzy will annotate the Personal Information under its control with a note that a correction was requested but not made.
You have a right to access your Personal Information held by Farmzy.
Upon written request and authentication of identity, Farmzy will provide you with Personal Information under its control, information about the ways in which that information is being used and a description of the individuals and organizations to whom such information has been disclosed.
Farmzy may charge a reasonable fee for providing Personal Information in response to an access request and will provide an estimate of any such fee upon receiving a written access to Personal Information request. Farmzy may require a deposit for all or part of the fee.
Farmzy will make Personal Information available within 30 days or provide written notice where additional time is required to fulfill the request.
In some situations, Farmzy may not be able to provide access to certain Personal Information. Farmzy may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain Personal Information.
Where an access request is refused in whole or in part, Farmzy will notify you in writing, giving the reason for refusal and outlining further steps which are available to you.
CHANGES TO POLICY
To keep up with economic and technological changes, Farmzy may revise this Policy from time to time. The revised Policy will be posted on our website, and will come into effect 30 days after it is posted.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS